Monday, December 14, 2009

2010 Olympics Flame Passing Kingston!

Today is the second time in my life to witness Olympic Relay passing by "my" communities. The first time was last May in Shanghai, where the flame went through my campus (Jiao Tong University) three months before being lighted in Beijing. This time, it's for Vancouver 2010 Games - they are not the Vancouver games or Richmond games, but Canadian games. That is why the relay reaches over 1000 communities throughout the country.


Kingston celebrations were held on market square in front of the city hall in Canada's first capital. The spectacle was much smaller than last year's events in China, but equally exciting for me. The last night before leaving the town, I'm happy to call myself a Kingstoner.. :)







The torchbearer who lit the cauldron was Vicki Keith, a lady who broke 16 world open swimming records, now coaching Canadian physical disabled marathon swimming team.







With the flame behind me




The Olympic relay was said to be once-in-a-lifetime events. For me, however, it has been something twice-in-19-months in a row. For both times, the torch was carried literally within 15 meters from me. :P

With my classmates on the Relay day last year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment